About The South Carolina Academy
SCAFP's Commissions & Committees
The SCAFP Board of Directors has created 12 Commissions and Committees organized to assist them in the workings of the chapter and to address issues pertinent to family medicine and the practice of primary care. These groups provide an excellent forum for physicians to make real impacts in improving the specialty.
SCAFP Commissions & Committees
SCAFP Bylaws Commission - The duty of the Bylaws Commission is to recommend changes in the Bylaws and present the amendments appropriate to this purpose. In presenting amendments to the Annual Assembly, the commission makes recommendations for or against the proposed amendments.
- 2013 Ed Evans, MD, Sencca -- CHAIR
- 2013 Gerald Congdon, MD, Pawleys Island
- 2014 Frank Gonda, MD, Spartanburg
- 2014 Ric Mohr, MD, Florence
- 2015 Heather Shelton, MD, Florence
- 2015 Carl Shealy, MD, Leesville
SCAFP Finance Commission - It is the responsibility of the Finance Commission to supervise the accounting activities of the treasury. To arrange for an annual audit of the books and to prepare an annual budget with recommendations for the consideration and approval of the Board of Directors.
- 2013 Ada Stewart, MD, Columbia
- 2013 Albert Mims, MD, Lake City
- 2014 Lori Carnsew, MD, Liberty -- CHAIR
- 2014 Walter Connor, MD, Florence
- 2015 Patricia Witherspoon, MD, Columbia
- 2015 Fran Mixson Kunda, MD, Spartanburg
Commission on Practice Enhancement & Quality - The Commission is responsible for addressing specific aspects of the new model of family medicine; scope of practice issues; accessing the adoption and utilization of Health Information Technology (HIT); healthcare services and improved reimbursement.
- 2013 Griffin Cupstid, MD, Spartanburg -- CHAIR
- 2013 Vanessa Diaz, MD, Charleston
- 2014 Patricia Bouknight, MD, Spartanburg
- 2014 Carla Gentry, MD, Spartanburg
- 2015 W. Scott Dacus, MD, Lexington
- 2015 W. Hugh Morgan, MD, Johnston
Membership & Member Services - This commission works to recruit and retain SCAFP association members, promote the value of membership in the organization, initiate and coordinate new and extended member services, address life-stage and career stage issues and address other issues related to membership and member services.
- 2013 Walter Connor, MD, Florence -- EDITOR/CHAIR
- 2013 Jeremy Crisp, MD, Winnsboro
- 2014 Brandon Sick, MD, Rock Hill
- 2014 Chad Huberty, MD, Myrtle Beach
- 2015 Carla Gentry, Spartanburg
- 2015 Jamee Steen, MD, Columbia
Commission on Public Health - It shall be the duty of this Commission to represent the Academy in its relationships with voluntary health agencies and other agencies and institutions concerned with the public health, medical services, epidemiology and the social aspects of medicine not falling within the purview of other commissions of the Academy. The Commission recommends to the Board of Directors policies and projects which will reflect the philosophy of family medicine in its relation with such agencies and institutions.
- 2013 Richard Boyles, MD, Barnwell
- 2013 Jack Brunson, MD, Taylors
- 2014 Eric Matheson, MD, Mt. Pleasant
- 2014 W. Scott Dacus, MD, Lexington
- 2015 Ada Stewart, MD, Columbia -- CHAIR
- 2015 Stacey Brennan, MD, Columbia
- Advisory to Resident & Student Affairs Committee
- Committee on Continuing Professional Development
- Committee on Legislation & Governmental Affairs
- SCAFP Nominating Committee
- Committee on Rural & Underserved Health Issues
- Committee on Special Constituencies
If you would like to become involved in one of these committees or commissions, please contact chapter offices at firstname.lastname@example.org.